Welcome to NewYorkDriversLicense.org
We've created this site as a one-stop resource for all your drivers license needs in New York. Whether you need to renew or replace a license, get a commercial drivers license or motorcycle license, and more, we've collected the information to save you time. Our site provides you with step-by-step instructions, money-saving tips and links like this Easy Guide™ to make the process painless. Select from the options below to get started.
It is against New York state law to drive with an expired license. You don't have to wait until your drivers license is expired to renew. Read more
Changing Your Address on Your NY Drivers License
New York law requires that you update your address information as it changes. Read more
Replacing Your New York Drivers License
If you are in New York, may need to visit a driver license office and apply for a duplicate driver license. Read more
Obtaining a New York Driver License
If you have never been issued a driver license in any state, the state of New York requires that you complete a state approved drivers education course. Read more
Getting Your New York Learner's Permit
Once you have completed state approved New York Drivers Education course, all new New York drivers will need to understand the laws and rules, required classes, and tests the state of New York requires new drivers to take. Read more
New York Drivers Ed
New York state law requires that all first time New York drivers successfully complete a state approved drivers education course prior to applying for a drivers license. Read more
Changing Your Name on Your New York Drivers License
If your name has changed due to marriage, divorce, adoption or any other circumstance and you would like your drivers license to reflect your new name, you will need to provide acceptable document to your local DMV to establish your name change on your drivers license. Read more
Many drivers' license services may be processed online. Check out the Driver License Easy Guide™ to assist you with driver license services that may be handled online. If you have received a notification from the New York DMV, check your notification to see if you are able to submit your requests online.Prior to visiting your local DMV review these 10 Helpful Drivers License Tips:
1. Find the closest New York Drivers License office.
2. Confirm the office hours.
3. Make an Appointment - Appointments are available at all offices.
4. Avoid Mondays and Fridays, the best day to visit the office is mid-week (Tues-Thurs).
5. Avoid the 11:30 a.m. - 2:00 p.m. hours as they tend to be busy due to lunch break visitors.
6. Avoid the first and last day of the month.
7. Avoid the day after a holiday.
8. Come prepared with all required documentation to complete your requests.
9. Print and fill out your forms prior to visiting.
10. If you have any questions, concerns, or special circumstances, contact your local drivers license office prior to heading over.